Friday, October 10, 2008

Spotting

I noticed a slight pinkish stain yesterday morning and that ruined the whole of my morning at work. I probably went to the loo 20 times just to check and check and check again. The spotting stopped and the rest of the day was fine. Then later in the evening at home, I felt a small gush of warm fluid and rushed to check, and there it was, a brown spot and I could feel my heart skip a beat. I kept flipping the baby books and all it said was occasionally spotting due to implantation bleeding is normal. But I do not think I still have implantation bleeding.... it's been 5 weeks ! And all the books talked about light pink to brown spotting. What about brown with pink/light red streaks? Is that the same? Oh my goodness....it is screwing so much with my head I am going insane with worry.

As usual I spent the rest of the evening checking my undies with a feeling of dread. I know I should remain calm and collected and not freak out as it is not good to have negative thoughts churning through my body. But how could I not worry???! Please give me a pill for that!

For the rest of the evening, the spotting stopped and I went to bed feeling a teeny bit better. But not after an emotionally call to Hubby with tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't help it, as much as I know I should not worry, I was home alone and there's nothing to distract me from thinking and analyzing the whole situation to bits. I decided to pay a visit to Dr Lee.

Early this morning, I woke up, satisfied that the spotting has not continued that night. But right after breakfast I saw it again. This time it was a diluted red. I was trying to be optimistic that it wasn't blood red but the sight got me dumping the dishes into the sink, put on some decent clothes and rushed to Dr Lee's clinic.

As expected, all Dr Lee could advice me was to stay calm and have the rest of the week off from work to rest at home. No heavy lifting, no sex (yea with who?) and no running around. He jabbed my butt with a hormone injection and prescribed me some progesterone pills for about 2 weeks. I was to go home and monitor the situation and return if there was any pain and heavy bleeding.

So here I am, home alone to ponder over the situation. And just my luck the dog got himself into trouble and now suffering from a huge swollen right eye. Another baby to look after...

No comments: